Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's New in APA 7th Edition?
Here are a few of the changes in the 7th edition of the APA manual:
- New guidelines specifically for student papers.
- Only one space after a period in the body of papers.
- You must include up to twenty authors for sources in your reference list.
- Publisher location is no longer required.
- DOIs or URLs should be live hyperlinks.
The basic format for a citation on a References page is:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (Date of publication). Title of article. Title of Periodical,
volume or number(issue). DOI (or url)
Please be sure to consult the Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University for specific examples.
APA Manual @ the VC Library
For examples and more information on APA formatting please see the following research guide, APA 7th Edition.