Yes! You do not have to be on campus to access library resources! You can use OneSearch anytime to search across all library resources, including books, electronic books, and articles. Or, you can go directly to one of our databases through the Databases A-Z page to start your search. Either way, you will need to log in through the VCCCD Portal to gain access from off-campus. This page will guide you through the ways you can log in and access library resources from off-campus.
1. From the Ventura College homepage, hover over "Students" and click on "Library." This will take you to the Library homepage.
2. Next, you can either begin using OneSearch, or select the database you would like to use by going to the Databases A-Z list or by using one of our Library Guides to find the database right for you.
3a. If you use OneSearch, you will see a yellow bar in your search results page asking you to sign in. Click on the link to sign in, select the option for VCCCD portal, then log in with your username and password.
3b. If you select a database, you will be prompted to log in through you MyVCCCD portal. Log in with your username and password, and you will be taken directly to the database.
1. Start at the MyVCCCD portal page, and log in with your username and password.
2. Scroll down to the Student QuickLinks box located on the right side of the page and click on the link for "Library Homepage."
3. You can now use OneSearch or select a database to use from our Databases A-Z list or from one of our Library Guides.
4a. If you use OneSearch, you will need to log in a second time. In your search results page, you will see a yellow bar asking you to sign in. Click on the link to sign in, select the option for VCCCD portal, then log in once more.
4b. If you select a database, you will go directly to the database and not be prompted to log in again.
If you are having trouble accessing any library resources or have questions about your research,
contact a librarian during our open hours at 805-289-6382 or email us anytime at email@example.com